Surgeries are performed in the Department of Inpatient Surgery and Department of Day Surgery. Operating theatres are equipped according to the highest standards. Patients are kept under postoperative observation in the Department of Anaesthesiology, Resuscitation, and Intensive Care. After minor surgeries, the patient may be able to return home on the same day. Patients who have undergone more complex surgeries remain on a ward for as long as is required for further treatment under the supervision of a doctor. While on the wards, patients remain under 24-hour observation by highly qualified physicians and attentive nursing staff. Wards which meet the standards of luxury hotels and professional staff ensure that patients enjoy all of the conditions required for the fastest possible recovery. Arthroscopic techniques are used to minimize the impact of surgery on the human body. Like laparoscopic procedures, the arthroscopic surgical procedures used to treat joints are performed via small openings. Joints are examined from the inside using optical scopes, with surgical procedures performed during the same session.
Advantages of arthroscopic surgery:
- The patient can return home on the same day or on the next day;
- The patient does not experience severe pain due to the fact that only very small wounds remain after surgery, ensuring maximum protection from infections;
- Complications with wound healing are less common;
- Surgeons can avoid errors since the on-screen view of the surgical site is enlarged several times over, providing them with a clear view of how their work is proceeding;
- Rehabilitation is more rapid and the procedure leaves either very minor scars or none at all.
· Elbow - removal of loose bodies, synovectomy;
· Knee - meniscus surgery, repair of cartilage defects, anterior cruciate ligament surgery, removal of loose bodies, synovectomy;
· Ankle - release of tension, repair of cartilage defects, removal of loose bodies;
· Shoulder - release of tension
Surgeries to repair deformities in the bones of the foot:
· Hallux valgus;
· Fallen arch repair;
· Furgeries to treat toe deformities.
Joint, tendon and muscle surgeries:
· Achilles tendon suture repair; Achilles tendon reconstruction;
· Tendon/muscle tear suture repairs/reconstruction;
· Other surgeries.
Surgeries for fractured bones
Cost of surgery: 550-2000 Eur
Doctors: Rimas D; Navikas V.; Riskovas R.
If you are interested - Send request